A sweet tea-time classic with a little passionfruit twist. Gather your loved ones and let them eat cake!”10 cupcakes Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Piece of Cake
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C, Fan Forced.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or electric beaters.
- Add on egg and beat well to incorporate. Repeat with the second egg.
- Pour in the milk and mix to combine.
- Sift the flours and baking powder to aerate and remove and lumps.
- Use a spatula to gently fold through the flour mixture until completely combined.
- Line a standard size cupcake tray with 10 cupcake wrappers.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake wrappers.
- Place into the centre of the preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cupcakes are “springy” when pressed gently in the centre.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tray then remove carefully and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cooled use a small sharp knife to cut a small cone shape from the centre of each cupcake. Slice each cone in half to create two “wings”.
- Fill the centre of each cupcake with some passionfruit curd and top with whipped cream. Place the “wings” on top of the cream. Dust with icing sugar to serve if desired.
*best enjoyed on the day they are prepared.
*ensuring your eggs and milk are at room temperature (ie. not cold) helps to incorporate them better into the mixture and prevents any curdling or splitting.
*passionfruit curd can be found at some supermarkets or good gourmet food stores