Simple to prepare and just delicious – this is the perfect luxury breakfast for any relaxing morning at home.2-4 20-30 minutes Not too Tricky
1. Preheat oven to 200°C Fan Forced.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non stick fry pan over high heat until very hot. Add the butter and the
truffle oil and warm until butter is melted and foamy.
3. Add the thyme leaves and stir for 20 seconds then add the mushrooms. Season well with salt
and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until softened.
4. Add most of the chives, reserving some to garnish, and stir through the mushrooms.
5. Spoon the mushrooms into shallow oven proof dishes and place them onto a baking tray.
Crumble over the goats cheese.
6. Carefully crack 1 or 2 eggs into each dish, on top of the mushrooms.
7. Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolk is cooked to
8. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with extra chives.
9. Serve with toast if desired.
*We used a mixture of swiss brown, Portobello and enoki mushrooms.
*This dish can be prepared in one large shallow baking dish with all the eggs cracked in and then
dished up onto individual plates after cooking to serve.
Recipe made with love by Sally Lukey from Sweetpea Cuisine.